Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cutest... Baby... EVER!!!



Our Utah trip was wonderful. There was never enough time to do all that we wanted to do, nor to see all those we wanted to see. But we got Brett checked into BYU and spent our time with our family. A fun bonus was that on Saturday night, my children planned a surprise birthday party for me (a few weeks early) with family and friends from our old neighborhood. The girls even invited Snow White to come! I got a tiara and princess song from Megan's sister Melinda (aka S.W.) and it was really a fun evening. We have all voted Melinda into our family. The ride home to Washington was really sad for me. I mean really sad. I feel as if I have left several pieces of my heart behind, and I know that sounds like lyrics from a country song, but that's how it is. Alicia and Blaine, Scott and Megan, Laurel and Jason and Isabel, Michelle and Brad, and now Brett. Anyway, the good news is that Laurel and Isabel have been able to come visit for a week! Jason needed to be working away from home, so the girls decided to come to Camas. We gave her a bath this morning (Isabel, not Laurel) in the kitchen sink. She was absolutely adorable, and the cutest thing is that she kept trying to catch the stream of water from the faucet. She is the happiest child I have been around in a long time...always smiling with arms and legs moving at all times. This grandparent thing is really fun. Matt and Dave are enjoying her too. She really does love everyone, but me the most. Okay, so maybe Laurel wins, but I am trying very hard.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That sink picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love how you can see all the pretty green out the window... it makes me miss home. Love you guys!

Alicia said...

I was just going to comment on how pretty the green is there... :)
And seriously, Isa is adorable! She must take after me. I hope you are having fun. It was wonderful having you here for a while. I miss you already, Marme.

Scott and Megan said...

poopy pants...come back to Utah! I am lonely without you guys! The sink pic is a freakin dorable! Melinda totally wants in the fam...I told her she can be an honorary member...but she will never be as liked as me--sucks to be her:) anywho...love you guys! I miss you Laurel knowing you are there and not down the freeway! So when are you coming for Christmas? I need to focus on the next time you are coming to visit....

Karin said...

It was so great seeing you all! Thanks for letting us join in on the party fun:) Happy Birthday to you, DeAnn! You are wonderful, I am so grateful we have had the chance to get together with you and your family over the past several years. I even have memories of riding motorcycles and playing basketball at your place before going camping from when we were LITTLe kids. What's even better than your Lee family is the greater Kempton fam. We are blessed. My dad got school pictures (yes, school pictures!) and my mom and I both see a lot of Larry in him.
You need to send Dave and Matt on a father/son weekend trip so you can come back down to be with your kiddos! Nice that they are all in one spot though!

Becca Jo said...

I like your blog! I spy on all the Lees thanks to blogs and Alicia for showing me the way to blogging!

Dottie Stay said...

Thanks for letting me come to your party! I loved every minute of it! I am going to add you to my list of family, so I can check your blog along with all of the others. Thanks for letting me in the family!! I will now spell my last name Stailee!

Sheree Evans said...

hello! it's sheree! yes, i have a blog...i don't use it very often but i do use it to check in on friends and family! :)hope the lee's are doing well!